These Flagraiser Society Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “Terms and Conditions”) govern the purchase, use and redemption of any privileges or discounts associated with membership in the Flagraiser Society. For additional questions, contact Somerville Brewing Company (SBC), 1310 Broadway, Somerville MA 02144 or email@example.com.
Purchasing a Membership in the Flagraiser Society
- The membership and the associated Flagraiser Society membership card are evidence of your participation in the Flagraiser Society and have no cash value.
- The membership is not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed by SBC.
- SBC reserves the right to refuse membership in the Flagraiser Society to anyone and reverse a membership purchase for any reason and return the funds to the purchaser.
- A membership in the Flagraiser Society is only for one individual. Membership privileges may not be shared with anyone and are only good for the registered member.
- Registration of the Flagraiser Society membership card to a qualified individual over the age of 21 with an active email address on file with SBC, is required for privileges to be effective. Registration of the card is required to be completed at time of card delivery.
Redeeming Privileges of the Membership
- The start date of any level of the Flagraiser Society membership is the public opening date of the American Fresh Taproom at Boynton Yards, or the date that funds are processed by SBC for the membership, whichever is later.
- Any monetary value that is on the membership card, whether added as part of the privileges of membership, or separately added by the registered member, are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund.
- Any unused balance on the Flagraiser Society membership card will remain until redeemed or the expiration of the membership card, whichever occurs first. Other quarterly benefits of membership do not roll over into subsequent months or quarters. For instance, if you do not get your month’s “no-charge” growler, it does not carry over into the following month.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount of funds stored with the Flagraiser Society membership card, the member is responsible for paying the difference at time of purchase.
- For security purposes, a Flagraiser Society member may be required to show a valid ID before he or she can receive benefits of the membership or access funds on the membership card.
Growlers and Bottles
- Growler benefits are based on the standard size refill made available for any particular beer (either 32 or 64 ounce). Does not include the deposit costs for growler glassware. Monthly “no-charge” growler refill only applies to beers offered for fills at the Boynton Yards American Fresh Taproom.
- Limited-release bottles must be picked up at brewery within 30 days of release date or will be forfeited. All communications for Flagraiser Society events and availability of special-release beers will be through the Flagraiser Society Facebook page and email.
Brewing with us at Somerville Brewing
- The names and descriptions of beers created on Flagraiser Society brew days are subject to approval and modification by SBC.
- Recipe, style guide, beer creation process, beer description and all related intellectual property of any beer created on or for a Flagraiser Society brew day remains the property of SBC, regardless of any input from Flagraiser Society members.
Flagraiser Society Events
- Date selection for events is offered to members on first come first serve basis in order of who joined the club and committed to an event date. Membership levels may determine first preference on dates for events. For instance, Centennial level members have priority over Warrior level members.
- Events will be held only at our Boynton Yards location: 15 Ward Street, Somerville MA 22143
- No outside food or catering (with the exception of cakes) is permitted for events.
Cancellation and Expiration of Membership
- Membership in the Flagraiser Society shall expire on the anniversary of the term based on the level of membership. All privileges of membership shall end at that time of expiration unless membership is renewed. All Flagraiser Society membership cards shall expire December 31, 2018, unless such expiration is extended by SBC. Any active Flagraiser Society memberships at that time shall be issued new membership cards.
- Upon expiration of a Flagraiser Society membership, all discounts and other priveledges of membership shall cease. If there is any unused balance on the membership card, it will continue to be available until redeemed or expiration of the membership cards.
- SBC is not responsible for lost or stolen Flagraiser Society membership cards. It is the member’s responsibility to notify SBC of a lost or stolen membership card, or sign-in through the online membership portal and notify of a lost or stolen card.
- SBC reserves the right to dishonor Flagraiser Society membership priveledges or access to funds on the membership card, if it reasonably believes it was not validly purchased, has already been redeemed, or the redeemer stole or is otherwise than the registered member.
- SBC reserves the right to terminate a Flagraiser Society Membership for any illegal activity on SBC premises.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
- SBC reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
- SBC, IT’S AGENTS AND AFFILIATES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE FLAGRAISER SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP AMD MEMBERSHIP CARD PRIVELEDGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A MEMBERSHIP CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND SBC’S SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF THE MEMBERSHIP CARD AND RESTORATION OF MEMBERSHIP PRIVELEDGES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TERM.
- The Flagraiser Society membership, and these Terms and Conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid, prohibited by law or unenforceable in any respect, such term will not apply. However, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid, prohibited or enforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
- Risk of loss will pass to the purchaser of the Flagraiser Society membership upon assignment of the membership card to the purchaser.
We collect personally identifying information on our customers or potential customers through registration, signup, order forms and interaction with our website, only as necessary to conduct our business. We maintain a database of members of the Flagraiser Society and other memberships we may offer from time to time, affiliates of SBC, as well as prospective members for the purpose of maintaining membership accounts, sending promotional material and processing credit card transactions. If you provide the name and email address of a friend that you recommend for possible membership in the Flagraiser Society (“Membership Lead”), you are authorizing us to contact that individual on your behalf in order to solicit a membership. We may attempt to contact the Membership Lead up to three times, after which we will delete the record of the individual and cease future contact unless the individual contacts us or another member refers the same Membership Lead. We will never sell, intentionally lease or otherwise make available your personally identifying information to third-parties that are not required for a specific transaction that you request, unless otherwise compelled by law or court order.